Planes of Power
For a description of this “race”, see MM pg 310, VGM, or the 3rd edition Races of Faerûn book, pg 151.
- Ability Score Increase: your Dexterity and Charisma scores each increase by 1.
- Age: A Yuan-ti Pureblood ages much the same way as a human.
- Alignment: Yuan-ti do not tend towards law or chaos, although may tend towards evil alignments.
- Size: Your size is medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: You have 60’ darkvision.
- Language: You can speak, read, and write Common & Yuan-ti.
- Deceptive Ancestry: You are proficient in the Deception and Perception skills.
- Serpentine Ancestry: Describe a visual trait which makes it obvious that you are not fully human. Additionally, choose one of the following abilities
- Venomous Serpent. You have a second visual trait in that you possess visible snake-like fangs. Increase your Dexterity by 1. You may make a Bite attack as an unarmed attack. You are considered to be proficient with this attack which uses Dexterity and deals 1d4 damage. If addition, once per short or long rest, you may deliver venom: the target gains the Poisoned condition for 1 round and takes 1d6 poison damage. The target may roll a Consitution save (DC8+ proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier) to halve the damage from the poison. The poison damage becomes 2d6 at 6th level, 4d6 at 11th, and 5d6 at 16th level.
- Serpentine Defense. You have a second visual trait in that your skin is slightly scaly. Increase your Constitution by 1. Once per short or long rest, you can take a reaction to add your Constitution modifier to your AC.
- Snake Charmer. Increase your Charisma by 1. You know and may cast Animal Friendship or Charm Person once per long rest without using a spell slot. These spells are based on your Charisma.